So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Saturday, June 12

If it's an even year ... I'm running a marathon!!

Well HELLO 2010!

So it's only been one year and four months since I've posted to this blog. I guess that makes me a bid of a dormant ninja these days. In any case I'm now training for the 2010 Chicago Marathon (this week is my first week) so I figured I'd better get back with the program.

I live in LeClaire, IA which is beautiful - right on the Mississippi river - but has limited running trails I can get to without driving. Therefore I've become a road runner.





Learning to run against traffic (okay so I knew how to do THAT) and on the shoulder of the road has been interesting. As long as the gravel on the side of the road isn't too wet I seem to be okay. The only other issue is that it's a two lane highway and has a fairly large crown on the road. This means my right leg is closer to the ground with every footfall than my left. No problem on a short run but we will see if it is an issue as time goes on.

Tuesday I ran 3, Wednesday 3, Thursday was cross-training on the elliptical, Friday 3 and today I rest. Tomorrow will be a 6 miler and I'm hoping for good weather.

I also need to buy one or two new pair of running shoes. My Kayanos are about shot and I don't know if I want the same make / model. The good news is they have a lot of stability but they are also HEAVY.

I have been an Asics / Saucony guy for the past 3 years so I will probably end up with one of those.

That's all I got. GO USA! BEAT ENGLAND!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home