So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Wednesday, July 16


So I just had one of those zen runs everyone is talking about. It didn't hurt I'm in sunny California today running along highway 101 above the beach. To get that mental image locked in check this out:

I did an evenly paced 5 miles this morning and managed to feel pretty good during and after.

I ran past a poem today (literally ran past) by Kipling that was posted on a Naval Base in Carlsbad where I was running.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!
- Kipling

Pretty cool 'eh?

If you want the whole thing head here.

I'm in week 6 of training with 12 weeks to go before Chicago. Of course that means another 3 weeks before I run the NYC marathon. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home