So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Tuesday, August 14

Hold onto your socks, I'm back with a new post.

I have been a lazy SOB for a month plus now which means I have run little and cross trained / lifted even less.

Two quick developments from today - I just had my first session in Iowa with a personal trainer (I'd worked with a trainer for several months in Chicago last year) and it went well. While it's not an inexpensive way to get back into shape I think it's a great investment in me. At the very least it will kick-start me to get back into strength training and stretching.


My second development is that I registered for a half marathon. I'm running the RUN FOR THE SCHOOLS in Iowa City on October 7th. For those of you Chicago Marathoners this date should ring a bell. It happens to be the same day as the 2007 Chicago Marathon. I was considering volunteering for Chicago this year but I'd rather be running! At least I'll get half that distance in then can watch Chicago from the comfort of my living room.


Otherwise, things are good. I've made the transition from Chicago to Iowa fairly well (and make no mistake about it. It IS is big transition). I now have a favorite local coffee joint (Java House), and bar (Dublin Underground), and restaurant (One Twenty Six).

Finally, regarding 'health stuff' I'm going to try and do the following:

1) Drink water like a fish.
2) Eat more fruit
3) Eat more veggies

That's it. I'm not going on low or no carbs. Just trying the don't eat like a dumbass diet. The DELADA diet? Sounds like some new fad started on a Mexican soap opera. VIVE TELEMUNDO!

... I should write a book ...

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home