So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Monday, February 13


Week two of training is now complete. I ran 7 miles on Saturday morning on the treadmill at Equinox. Although I had my iPod, the only thing on the big TVs overhead was Saturday morning cartoons. I’m not talking about the good cartoons of yore like Transformers or He-Man but rather Tutenstein. That’s right, an entire cartoon centered on a mummy that is a cross between King Tut and Frankenstein’s monster.

Aside from the cartoon the run was pretty boring. I did 5 miles, took a very brief water break and came back to the treadmill to pound out the last two. I was somewhere in the high 8 minute mile time (around 8:50 I think) which I don’t consider too bad. It was officially the longest I have run on a treadmill in one shot and look forward to running outside ASAP.

Aside from that there is little else to report. I skipped my cross training this weekend since my sister was in town. I could go tonight but that is unlikely.

The only other news to report is my big toe (left foot) really hurt this morning. Just walking around was painful. It is still tender now but much better than when I first woke up. I’ll monitor it today – hopefully it will be better for tomorrow’s run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home