So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Wednesday, February 8



I’m up to day one of week #2. Yesterday I did a 3 mile treadmill run in around 26 minutes, had a stretch and went to an hour class of kickboxing. The run was uneventful but the kickboxing kicked my ass a little. It was a great workout but I discovered I wouldn’t last 15 seconds with the likes of Chuck Norris.

Last night I was capital-T Tired from my workout. Today I’m having trouble lifting my arms over my head which is largely due to the 15,000 jabs, 10,000 crosses and 8,000 uppercuts I threw in class.

On the ‘other good news’ front we have a couple of new developments. So far the cheering section for Rich and I will include Jim, Cathy, Kraig, Laura, and Lindsey who will all be on hand for the race. The newest group to come and cheer us on is none other than my parents and possibly my sister and brother-in-law. This is good news indeed as having people to cheer you on around mile 18 will be fantastic.

Tonight brings a ho-hum 3 mile run with more of the same on Thursday. Needless to say I’m taking at least a week off of kickboxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home