So I'm running the New York City Marathon (www.nycmarathon.com) on November 2, 2008. Let this blog document the ups and downs.

Thursday, February 9

This morning I switched things up a little and did my run before work rather than after. Since it was only 3 miles this didn’t really modify my morning routine too much other than forcing me to wake up an hour earlier than normal. The reason for this change is that I’m attending the Flogging Molly show tonight at House of Blues and didn’t want to have to hit the gym before that.

One thing I did discover this morning is that I take a long time to stretch, steam, shower, and change following a workout. For example today my run was 26 minutes, my stretch was probably around 15 minutes, steam was another 10 and shower and change another 10 which means I spent more time getting ready than working out today. I normally wouldn’t worry about such things but had to make it to work this AM.

Overall I’m feeling pretty well. I’m a little tired from lack of sleep and this morning’s run and a little sore from Tuesday’s kickboxing. I’m looking forward to having a rest day tomorrow in preparation for my long run (7 miles) on Saturday.

I’m hoping to be able to do the long run outside but the temps will probably not get over 30 so I might have to hit the treadmill yet again. I think I’m going to have to reward myself with a pint or three at the show tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drewbie...the show kicked some major ass. Thanks for drinking lots of Guinness with me and spending the whole night in the pit. I was majorly sore the next day.

5:05 PM, February 13, 2006

 
Blogger Drew McEleney said...

KT, good call on the show. I hope you'll be around for all things relating to St. Patrick and his propensity to drive away snakes and knock back green beer.

5:08 PM, March 01, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home